No Free Drinks
No Free Drinks is not your ordinary dating advice podcast. Our goal is to challenge social norms surrounding dating, relationships, and sex. Our episodes will break down the flawed expectations that have been imposed on men and women, and even the expectations men and women impose on each other.
We all know that when it comes to dating, relationships, and sex things aren’t always simple. But No Free Drinks believes that by leaving behind the games and having healthy debate we can all move closer to simple when it comes to matters of the heart and flesh.
Our philosophy at the No Free Drinks podcast is simple: no topic is off limits and we never hold back. Brace yourself and be prepared to leave that dating baggage behind.
Connect with No Free Drinks
Meet your No Free Drinks Co-hosts
Your “keeps it real” co-host. Often mistaken for a dream crusher; he calls it how he sees it and doesn’t sugar coat. Don’t be led astray, his goal is to reveal your ultimate life dream.
If Westley were a drink:
Classic Sazerac- because he is an ultimate gentleman #classicman
Your “no chill” co-host, always has to take it there. Lina D is sure to make every single conversation revolve around sex, but don’t worry her mind isn’t always in the gutter.
If Lina D were a drink:
Pineapple Cilantro Serrano Cocktail- Tequila, just enough sweetness, and plenty of heat!
- 1 Sugar Cube
- 2 1/2 oz. rye whisky
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- lemon peel
- old-fashioned glass
- In an Old-Fashioned glass (not a mixing glass; it’s part of the ritual), muddle a sugar cube with a few drops of water.
- Add several small ice cubes and the rye whiskey,* the Peychaud’s bitters, and the Angostura bitters.**
- Stir well and strain into a second, chilled, Old-Fashioned glass in which you have rolled around a few drops of absinthe (no substitute really works, but you can try either a mix of Pernod and green Chartreuse, or Absente) until its inside is thoroughly coated, pouring off the excess.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon peel (some insist that this be squeezed over the drink and discarded; Handy wasn’t so picky).
Pineapples & Lina D
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- ½ small lime, juiced
- 1 small, round slice of serrano pepper (⅛th to ¼th-inch thick)
- 1 ½ ounces silver tequila
- 3 ounces quality pineapple juice
- agave nectar (optional), to taste
- In a cocktail shaker or glass, muddle the cilantro, lime juice and slice of serrano.
- Add ice to the shaker and pour in the tequila, pineapple juice and a light drizzle of agave. Shake well, and strain the mixture over ice in a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a slice of pineapple and sprig of cilantro on a cocktail pick.